Too focused on the scale? Marshall takes a more holistic approach to health

It has become apparent to me that dieting and weight loss programs that I am aware of focus mostly on losing weight.

And to lose the weight, take a crash course in changing behavior for a given period of time. Results are normally temporary at best.

On the A New Way to a New You program, I truly realize that dieting with proper meal planning, weight loss, and exercise are vital to achieve optimal health. Weight loss alone will not accomplish optimal health.

The "aha" moment for me was when I understood that I needed to change my lifestyle, not just my behavior. Changes in my knowledge about optimal health, my values, attitude, priorities, and my behavior have given me a new way of living that I can continue for a lifetime.

No comments: