Marshall: Encouraged

This is the halfway mark for our A New Way to a New You participants. Six weeks down and six weeks to go. We asked each of them to share one word that describes their current state of mind and what they hope that word will be after the next six weeks. Marshall's word is ENCOURAGED.

The A New Way to a New You journey has given me a sound plan for meal planning and fitness that has been very effective. It is proving to be a process that can be incorporated into one’s schedule and lifestyle for on-going results.

Six weeks ago, I was hitting and missing on exercising. I had no consistency and no solid plan for fitness. I believe I was exercising out of guilt. (What I should have been doing but wasn’t doing it.) My eating habits were based on convenience of time and convenient food choices. Exercising and eating properly were not priorities. That was demonstrating that my health was not a priority.

I changed my priorities. Below my faith, my health has the highest priority. Without good health, I would not have much to offer my family and friends. I have been provided with a sound meal plan, a sound and solid fitness plan, instructions and guidance on how to create a workable lifestyle for optimal health.

At the end of the next six weeks, my word will be Encouraged. Achieving my goals over the twelve weeks will prove to me that better health through a better lifestyle is possible for most if not all. I am encouraged that with a proven plan, proper efforts and the discipline to stay committed to the plan, most, if not all can achieve better health.

"We cannot go back into our past and have a new start. But anybody can start now and have a new ending." - Author Unknown

Marshall working out.




A healthy
cobb salad prepared by Marshall.











No comments: