Matt on setting healthy habits for the next generation

I lost five pounds the first week and I felt like I had more energy.

It’s crazy to be on a “diet” and be more full than when I wasn’t on a diet, but that’s how I feel following the program. Part of it’s just eating all the stuff that’s on the meal plans. With the small snacks in between the bigger meals, I’m not starving when it comes to mealtime. I’m ready to eat, but I don’t feel like I need to eat everything!

Before, I barely ate any breakfast and I’d eat a larger lunch and dinner. I used to get really tired after lunch, but with the new system, I don’t feel like I’m getting tired after lunch.

I’m excited about creating different habits for my sons. We were eating out so much, always eating fast food, so it’s fun to cook with the boys. They’re definitely learning how to be healthy from the start and they’ll definitely understand that health is important.

In terms of exercise, the first week was fun. Ten minutes doesn’t take that long and it’s amazing how much you feel the ten minutes at work on your body. At the end of the week, I did a 4-3-2-1 session and then I went and swam – it was awesome to have my muscles remember what a workout felt like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excited to watch as you become "healthier", Matt! Proud of you! You can do it! That's neat that you are cooking with your boys now! I'm sure it won't be long and you'll be chasing them all over the place without becoming out of breath! Rock on!

Anonymous said...

We are sooo proud of you Matt and rooting for you the whole way!!!
We couldn't have asked for a better mentor in this life!
We love you!
M & L.