Liz overcomes "portion distortion" and discovers her culinary side

The first week on the A New Way to a New You program was great. I followed the meal plan to a T, and was most definitely satisfied, both by being full and inspired by all the color I was eating! I would say I am a pretty visual person and eating like this is BEAUTIFUL!

It has been fun to be the one in the kitchen. Oman, my husband, is definitely the chef in our family. In the past I would reach for something easy until he was around to work his magic in the kitchen. Now, with my commitment to optimal health I am the one getting creative in the kitchen and I love it!

I have never been one for scales so I'm not sure on my weight loss, but I can already tell that my clothes are fitting better and I feel more confident. I am so excited to be on this path. I look at this opportunity like a visit to the chiropractor. If something is outta whack you go in for an adjustment and are shown ways to help your body maintain that adjustment. And I would say that is exactly what I have gotten so far!

One tool I learned was portion size. I was suffering from portion distortion! I was always told to finish everything on my plate. So as I got older and started eating out, I would finish everything on my plate. Now, through A New Way to a New You, we all know that you are always served WAY TOO MUCH food!

Learn more about why eating in full
color is important for good health!

2 comments:

Ellen Morales said...

You are doing great, chica! Loving the creations you are coming up with -- thanks for sharing healthy recipes and sharing your experience with us. You are an inspiration :)

Navigating Mom said...

Liz - I am so proud of you! What a great opportunity to promote what you are doing, set the example, and recreate a mentality that you want your daughter to emulate! Keep it up!