Liz: Self

This is the halfway mark for our A New Way to a New You participants. Six weeks down and six weeks to go. We asked each of them to share one word that describes their current state of mind and what they hope that word will be after the next six weeks. Liz's word is SELF.

I would say the one word that best describes this stage of my journey is SELF.

This is a change for me and even challenging to write because in the past it felt SELFish.

Self-Discipline: Food prep is a huge part. If I'm not prepared that's when decisions are made that don't support my goals. Simple.

Self-Love: The more I am able to take the time to slow down, breathe and make sure I am taking care of myself, the easier it is to love and take care of the people in my life.

Self-Awareness: When I hit a rough spot my tendency is to start negatively talking to myself. I now see that and I'm replacing it with all the things I am doing right! It's an amazing, huge difference in my life. One thing that Dorothy said when we were in California together was a phrase she repeats to herself ... "Dear God, more you, less me." I love this and it has stuck with me in my journey.

I am hoping the word that best describes my journey at the end of this 12-week progam is INSPIRING by helping others decide to make healthy changes in their life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz, this is beautiful! Thank you for sharing your heart. Lisa

Ellen Morales said...

You are rocking it, lady! You looked great tonight :) Your word WILL be *inspiring*!!!