Holly: Humbly Educated

This is the halfway mark for our A New Way to a New You participants. Six weeks down and six weeks to go. We asked each of them to share one (or two) words that describe their current state of mind and what they hope those words will be after the next six weeks. Holly's words are HUMBLY EDUCATED.

Before the program, I would say that my husband Aaron and I knew how to eat healthy, however, I now realize that I have been exposed to a whole different world of how to prepare meals, cook, and shop. I've also learned how to fuel my body, not just to eat because we are supposed to eat three times a day… and on and on.

In terms of exercise, I now realize that intensity in short amounts of time can be just as effective if not more so in terms of keeping my body in shape. I've learned that regular exercise is important, it doesn’t take much and can be done anywhere.

At the end of the next six weeks I would hope that my phrase is COMPLETELY CHANGED - meaning this will have become a lifestyle change, not just an experience. That is going to take some discipline which I am excited about!

I would have to say my choice of word for the first two to three weeks would have been "shell-shocked" because it was such a whirlwind with learning how to prepare meals, but for someone who is worried about that, the time component drops way off!

No comments: