Holly's first week: Fitting it all in and seeing progress on the scale

Well, I have to say the first week went fabulously! There wasn’t a single recipe that my husband Aaron and I didn’t love. My favorite so far on the meal plan has been the Tuna Melt. That was amazing! Quite frankly, we were having a hard time getting all the food in! My favorite thing to say now is that besides exercising, I am pretty much preparing food, eating food or shopping for food! Seriously, I know that is just for right now as we are adjusting to a new way of life, but it has been fun learning so much!

The plan has been totally easy to follow and as I get better at preparing ahead, it gets even easier. So far, I have been sticking right to the plan, so no creativity or exchanges yet, but definitely in the future. It has been amazing in just seven short days how much we have learned in terms of what can be done with veggies alone such as the soy sauce with the Beef Stir Fry… that was totally like having Chinese food!

Ahhh, physical changes… for sure, a ton more energy. I seem to be a bit more tired now due to the increase in exercise but overall the increase in iron and clean eating has made a tremendous difference already! So far, I have lost four pounds but more importantly my clothes are getting loose (especially I noticed that in a pair of pajama pants, that had been getting tight… now, totally loose!) and my rings are getting loose as well. And a pair of knee high dress boots, those also zipped up easier the other day… I say that because I appear to store fat evenly distributed over my body so I have noticed all kinds of little things like that … very exciting!

Exercise has been going well, I was able to stick with the 10 minutes a day for the first days and now I look forward to increasing my workouts. Saturday was the first day I was able to make it to the YMCA and that was awesome (I do a BodyPump class there, but haven’t been back since November!).

For the first week, a few challenges were 1.) learning how to get a handle on preparing (fitting this into our life), 2.) sleep (in terms of getting enough) and due to the lack of gracefulness I seem to possess, 3.) I rolled my ankle. I know, totally embarrassing… but it got better quickly, I just had to use lots of ice!

No comments: