One day at a time to a healthy Liz!

I relate one of the shifts I have made through the A New Way to a New You program to keeping my house clean ...

Some people are fanatical about keeping their house clean, so much so it stresses them out. This is how I felt about dieting in the past. If I had a day that didn't go exactly as planned then I was stressed out. (No wonder that didn't work, huh?!)

Some people don't take the time to clean their house at all, it's just not a priority. They're just waiting for someone else to clean it! I think this is how I got to the place I was when we started this journey, which led to my weight gain and having future health concerns.

Then there are the people who do a little each day to keep their house clean and prioritize their time to keep their house organized. This is where my shift came.

I want the health, energy, and body that comes from doing something every day. Some days will work out perfectly and others won't but I know that if I do something every day and that is how I live my life, it will never be as bad as it was and will only get easier and become a way of life!

3 comments:

Ellen Morales said...

Great analogy! I'm loving your perspective on these things -- and you are looking super trim, lady!

Krissie said...

Love it!!! This is so awesome Liz!!! Great analogy! You are looking awesome by the way!!!!

Anonymous said...

HURRAY! Looking forward to seeing YOU in a few days! (I guess I'll be seeing "less of you" these days... heehee)