Dorothy discovers discipline and loses eight pounds!

My first week, I lost eight pounds. I felt amazingly different even in the first week. To see results as quick as the first week was really very exciting for me.

Because the plan is structured, I really enjoyed following it – I didn’t need to guess what I should be having or when I should be having it. It was laid out for me, which I really appreciated. I’ve always been a duplicator and not an innovator. That’s why I’ve been battling my weight for 20 years. I can follow a plan, just don’t make me think it up myself!

I love that the recipes are simple and that they’re things I can get right at the grocery store, without worrying about it being some exotic dish I had to make. I’m only cooking one meal for my family and the recipes are quick and tasty – everybody agreed. Plus, we’re eating way more vegetables than we ever did before. I did not feel deprived. Usually with diets, you feel like you can’t have certain things and I didn’t feel like that. It was hard to fit it all in some days because I was eating so many vegetables!

I also really enjoyed getting back in the habit of working out. Before it was hit or miss, because I never deemed it a priority, so there’s something great about a commitment to your own goals and bringing in a huge amount of discipline into my own life. I really appreciated putting the discipline on myself. That was a real control feeling for me.

No comments: