Eating right means eating more for Matt

One of the most impactful things I've learned on the A New Way to a New You program is that I needed to eat more, not less. I used to hear the word "diet" or "weight loss" and I would immediately think "I'm going to starve and be miserable."

I now realize that before this program I would wait to eat until I was really hungry (almost starving). Then I'd eat until I was too full or fill up on snacks and junk. Then I'd feel stuffed. Then I'd feel sluggish as my body tried to digest all the food. It is now totally clear that the feast or famine method does NOT work.

With this "diet" I eat tons of food. It's not about eating less, it's about eating less junk and more healthy foods. One of the hardest things was figuring out how to eat everything on the meal plan. Eating everything on the plan is key to health, because I stay full and stay fueled. I never get to the point where I'm "starving" so I never overeat, or fill up on junk, so I feel great. I feel fueled, not stuffed. I feel like a machine, not a pig!

I'm down 31 pounds at this point! I still have a way to go, but I can feel the machine working and it feels great!

2 comments:

Bob said...

Wow! This Matt guy is awesome!

sarah said...

That is an incredible testimony Matt! Just as you have mentioned, I've always been taught that your body is a machine, thus you eat to re-fuel, not for pleasure.
You've truly been an inspiration!